1. His expenditure on holidays and luxuries is rather high in __ with his income.
2. The President made his last public __ before his term of office ended.
3. There is no much time left, so I’ll tell you about it__.
A in detail
B in brief
C in short
D in all
4. The population is leveling __ in the area as a result of family planning.
5. The rain was heavy and __ the land was flooded.
6. The car was in good working__ when I bought it in a few months ago.
7. In order to repair barns, build fences, grow crops, and care for animals a farmer must indeed be__.
8. The policemen went into action__ they heard the alarm.
9. He was __ to tell the truth even to his closed friend.
A too much of a coward
B too much the coward
C a coward enough
D enough of a coward
10. The team’s efforts to score were__ by the opposing goalkeeper.
1.选A ①in comparison with与……比较起来(可比相同点或不同点)The tallest buildings in London are small in comparison with those of New York. ②in proportion to与……成比例 The insolence of the vulgar is in proportion to their ignorance: they treat everything with contempt which they do not understand. ③in association with 与……联合，与……共同 They finished the work in association with their friends.
2.选A make one’s last appearance 最后一次露面
3.选B ①in brief简短地，简言之 This, in brief, is the answer to the argument.②in short 总之，用在表总结的场合 You can’t make me! I won’t do it! In short, no!
4.选B ①level off达到平衡，稳定 Prices leveled off after the inflation ended.
②level with和……一样，坦率诚实地对待 She leveled with him and felt better for it.③level up 使……升高，到同一个平面上，提 高We should level the output of our factory up to that of the advanced. ④level against对某人提出(控告)Some of the criticisms leveled against us are not altogether fair.
6.选A ① order作“状态”②form作“形态，形状，方式，外型” Which literary form do you like best? ③ state 状态，状况，情形The child was in a state of neglect. ④ circumstance情况，情形.
7.选D ① versatile 多才多艺的 He is a versatile athlete. ② restless不安定的，焦虑的，烦躁的 Americans are historically a restless and mobile peo选项都是副词，但directly还可作连词，等同于as soon as，一……就……
8.选D 四个 of a 非常的…….(这个短语很重要一定要把这个例句背起来哦。)
10.选A frustrate 挫败，阻挠，使感到灰心.frustrate在郎文词典中第二条是这样解释的.to prevent sb’s plans, efforts or attempts from succeeding挫败,阻挠 Their attempts to speak to him were frustrated by the guards.没特定给人使用哦.