1. ________ we gave him something to eat, he would save it up for his little sister.
A. Whatever B. However C. Whenever D. Whichever
2. Hard-working though he was, ________ there was never enough money to pay the bills.
A. / B. and
C. but D. therefore
3. Much hard ________ he tried，he flailed to catch up with the first runner.
A. although B. as C. while D. when
4. I got in touch with Charles ________ I received his letter.
A. when immediately B. soon
C. immediately D. suddenly
5. We were just ________ calling you up ________ you came in.
A. about; when B. on the point of; while
C. on the point of; when D. on the point of; as
6. Most of his great novels and plays were not published or known to the public ________ his tragic (悲剧) death in 1786.
A. even before B. ever since C. until after D. until before
7. Mr. Saddam Hussein had to go with the American soldiers, ________ .
A. no matter he likes or not B. no matter he should like it or not C. no matter whether he likes or not D. no matter he may like it or not
8. ________ , I have to put it away and focus (集中)my attention on study this week.
A. However the story is amusing B. No matter amusing the story is C. However amusing the story is D. No matter how the story is amusing
9. Most animals have little connection with animals of a different kind, ________ they hunt them for food.
A. if B. while
C. unless D. as
10. ________ he thought he was helping us with the work, he was actually in the way.
A. Although B. Unless C. Because D. When
11. ______ you may have, you should gather your courage to face the challenge.
A. However a serious problem B. What a serious problem C. However serious a problem D. What serious a problem
12. He was told that it would be at least three more months ________ he could recover and return to work.
A. when B. before C. since D. that
13. ______there is a snowstorm or some other bad weather, the mail always comes on time.
A.Because B.If C.When D.Unless
14. ______ tomorrow, our ship will set sail for Macao.
A.However the weather is like B.However is the weather like C.Whatever is the weather like D.Whatever the weather is like
15. ______ our manager objects to Tom's joining the club, we shall accept him as a member.
A. Until B. Unless C If D. After
1-5 AABCC 6-10 CCCCA 11-15 CBDDB
四六级学习群： 666855181 【一键加群】
四六级学习群1： 221340940 【一键加群】